- Understand Operations Management, in a manufacturing or service industry, applying the methodology of Drum – Buffer – Rope (DBR) as the logistical mechanism, and Buffer Management as the control mechanism.
- Understand the relation of TOC with flow management tools like Just in Time, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Know the generic implementation guidelines of TOC for the Make to Order (MTO), Make to Stock (MTS) and Make to Availability (MTA) environments.
- Understand the TOC Management Information System, based on the measurements of Throughput, Inventories and Operational Expenses, in order to ensure that the decision process is reliable, effective and efficient.
CEOs, Production and Operations Managers, Process Managers, in companies oriented to develop a learning culture about Processes of Ongoing Improvement.
Operations Management, Drum – Buffer – Rope (DBR) and Buffer Management
FACILITATOR: ALEJANDRO FERNANDEZ RIVERA
- TOC POOGI Methodology – The U shape.
- The POOGI process for MTO.
- The main TOC Measurements: T, I & OE.
- The lead time delivering an order.
- Dynamic Buffer Management.
- The POOGI process for MTA: the 8 injections
- For each injection:
- The essence
- Current Reality – the Undesirable effects (UDEs) and their impact on the gap.
- Future Reality – The positive effects of the injection
- Checking for Negative Branch Reservations – Is there any risk associated with the injection?
Thinking Processes for the daily focus, applied to MTO & MTA implementation
FACILITATOR: ALEJANDRO CESPEDES
- Apply the TOC thinking processes in order to adapt MTO & MTA solutions to the reality of the company, ensuring the required and sufficient consensus to ensure a successful implementation.
- Understand the relevance of a technological solution that makes easier the TOC implementation and the sustainability of the improvements in the lobg term.
- Understand how to verbalize the undesirable effects as the foundation for the problem definition.
- Evaluate / Discover injections as win win solutions, considering the positive effects and the potential negative effects.
- Adapt the generic implementation guideline to the reality of the company.
- Preparation for managing the implementation project.
APPLICATION OF THESE CONCEPTS TO THE TOC IMPLEMENTATION
Games and Software to support the implementation of Operations the TOC way.
- Application of TOC concepts in production and distribution environments.
- Visualize how the TOC software support the MTO & MTA implementation, Purchase and Distribution.
- Definition of clear criteria to evaluate a good enough TOC software.
The TOC implementation methodology
FACILITATOR : ODED COHEN – Internet presentation
- Current Reality Study
- Current deployment map
- Checking that the MTA solution fits with current company environment.
- Generation of clear understanding from each area.
- Preparation for injection implementation
- Knowledge transfer
- Building the mini-implementation plan
In each session there is a formal presentation of each element of the content, based on logical insights with common sense, promoting attendant´s participation. In each session there will be practical workshops applying the concepts, throughout interactive exercises and didactic games.
OPTIONS TO ATTEND
PERSONAL OPEN ATTENDANCE: Participating in an open group of 12 managers, with building knowledge based on participants’ experience and know how, directed by the Facilitator.
DEDICATED ATTENDANCE: A team of no more than 12 people from the same company attend this workshop looking for building the implementation strategy of this knowledge in the company.
PIENSALO COLOMBIA LTDA
Tel (571) 3124223 de Bogotá