The Strategy and Tactics Tree (S&T) graphically represents a multilevel cascade structure in which each step is achieved by performing several steps at a lower level.
The objectives of the tool:
- Supporting the development of well-defined strategy for the organization.
- Enabling good communication of the strategy and what it should achieve.
- Enabling developing all the ingredients required to achieve the top strategy.
- Enabling the judgment of any program or action to see whether it truly supports achieving the real objectives.
- Being the master plan for the main actions, and their relative sequence to achieve the strategy.
Example: Strategy and Tactics Tree – Consumer Goods (Goldratt Consulting)
Source: Oded Cohen and Jelena Fedurko, Theory of Constraints Fundamentals, 2012